Gustav Mahler Prize Cello Competition
I. kategorie: Barbora Švábová, Nela Procházková
II. kategorie: Petra Meisl
III. kategorie: Lukáš Mareček, Linda Ziklová, Julie Procházková
IV. kategorie: Klára Janíčková, Petr Hamerský, Oliwia Maniawska, Iveta Cibulová,
V. kategorie: Dolfin Benedek, Anna Čermáková, Marcel Petráš, Dominik Velek Filip Rufer, Rebekah Lesan, Marek Sůva, Marián Lerche, Karolína Žáková
VI. kategorie: Bence Temesvári, Martin Schubert, Dora Hájková
Organizing Instructions for the Gustav Mahler 2019 Cello Violin Competition
Venue of the competition: Congress Hall of the Hotel Gustav Mahler Jihlava, Křížová Street 4.
Registration of competitors will take place from 8:00 to 15:00 in the hall of the congress hall, each competitor will receive an inscription with a competitive serial number.
Start of the competition: 10:00
Orientation schedule of the competition: 10:00 - 1st category 10:10 - II. category 10:20 - III. category 11:10 - IV. category 12:00 - V. Category 14:00 - VI. category At the front door to the congress hall, it will be announced which competitor (number) is currently competing, breaks etc.
Announcement of the results of the competition and giving of diplomas for I. - III. will take place after the end of III. category, for category IV. - VI. always after termination. The announcement of the absolute winner and the winner of the next prize will take place after the VI. category.
Competitors can use reserved rooms on the 2nd floor of the hotel (follow the arrows), where the clavinova will be available. We ask the competitors not to play the cello in the corridors of the hotel, could break the hotel guests.
A congress hall with a piano will be available from 8:00 to 9.45.
The entrance to the hall is free and the competition is public.
Keep your personal belongings constantly under surveillance, the organizer is not responsible for their loss or theft.
Parking is available in the hotel, check in at the hotel reception. The next car park is next to Masaryk Square (up to 13 hours is paid) or an automatic car park in Křížová Street.
Meals and snacks are available in the hotel restaurant, which has prepared a special menu for the participants at lower prices. Wear the banner with the competition number.
- The organizer of the competition is the Gustav Mahler Prague Institute (Institut Gustava Mahler Praha) in Prague in cooperation with the G. Mahler Jihlava Philharmonic (Filharmonií G. Mahler Jihlava).
- The mission and goal of the competition is to deepen the interest and motivation of young talented violoncellists to interpret mutual understanding, interpretative confrontation, inspiration and love for music. The personality of the genius conductor and musical composer Gustav Mahler, who lived in Jihlava for the first 15 years of his life and inspired and enriched so much, reminds him of his noble ideas about the mission of music and is a permanent inspiration source and model for young musicians from all over the world.
- The competition will be held on February 9, 2019, in the Hotel Gustav Mahler, Křížová street 4, Jihlava.
- It is a one-round competition.
- The condition of the competition is a play by heart.
- The competition repertoire is free, the competitor must only observe the time limit. The jury reserves the right to stop a contest if the time limit is exceeded.
- Competition category and time limit: Competitor's performance Time limit Category Age 5 - 10 minutes. I. 10 to 12 years 7 - 12 minutes II. up to 13 years 9 - 14 minutes III. up to 14 years 11 - 16 minutes IV. up to 15 years 13 - 18 minutes V. up to 19 years 15 - 18 minutes VI. up to 23 years. The age of the competition is decisive for categorization at the date of the competition. The sorting of competitive performances in each category will be determined by the date of birth from the youngest to the oldest. The Organizer reserves the right, for organizational reasons, not to open or to accept the application for any of the categories.
- Piano accompaniment will be provided by the competitor himself.
- The competition is judged by an expert five-member jury: Chairman: Petr Nouzovský, Solo violoncellist, winner of many prestigious awards Members: Jiří Jakeš - Principal conductor of G. Mahler Philharmonic Orchestra Jihlava Tomáš Strašil - violoncellist, teacher of the Prague Conservatory and the Prague Academy of Performing Arts Václav Horák - violoncellist, pedagogue of the Conservatory Brno Radoslav Kvapil - pianist, director of the A. Dvořák Institute for Cultural Seniors. The jury will determine the order of the competitors, provides the awards in each category and determine the absolute winner. Each competitor receives a diploma, the absolute winner will receive the Gustav Mahler Award. Mahler (orchestra or chamber concert) in the future. Another award is dedicated to the Youth Forum Award, a member of the AHUV - honored concert performances at KPH Podolí (Prague), KPH Vinohrady (Prague), honored concert performance at the South Bohemian Chamber Festival 2019, honored concert performances in the framework of Malostranský concert evenings (Malostranský koncertní večer) and the possibility of a series of honored concerts within the Music for Seniors project organized by the A. Dvořák Institute for the Cultural Life of Seniors. The jury may award other special prizes, and reserves the right not to award any of the prizes.
- The results will be announced after each category will have been closed, absolute winner and holder of the Gustav Mahler Award, Awards winner of G. Mahler Philharmonic a the winners of the awards given by the jury president will be announced at the end of the whole competition.
- Deadline for submission of applications and payment of the registration fee: January 10, 2019. After this deadline, the organizer will issue an official invitation to accepted competitors with additional instructions and additional information on the organization of the competition.
- Registration fee: I. - IV. category - 1000 CZK, V. - VI. category - 2000 CZK. The registration fee must be paid by bank transfer to account number: IBAN:CZ4820100000002601525645, SWIFT/BIC: FIOBCZPPXXX, enter the name of the competitor in the note for the recipient. If the competitor does not participate, the fee will not be refunded. If the organizer does not accept the application, the registration fee is refunded.
- The organizer of the competition does not offer accommodation, meals, and transport to and from Jihlava. In case of interest, the competitor will be assisted in providing accommodation or catering services in Jihlava.