Gustav Mahler Prize Cello Competition 2020
1. Prize - Anja Dorušková (CZ), Josefína Kubátová (CZ) 2. Prize - Markéta Štenclová (CZ), Petr Fiala (CZ), Vojtěch Hradil (CZ), Anna Petrů (CZ)
1. Prize - Naďa Strnadová (CZ) + Visegrad Music Youth Academy 2020 Prize. 2. Prize - YooEun Boo (South Korea)
1. Prize - Lukáš Sedlák (CZ)
2. Prize - Nela Procházková (CZ) 3. Prize - Klára Bartošová (CZ)
1. Prize - Anna-Tessa Timmer (Germany)
2. Prize - Cecilia Chiara Ginevra Alessio (Italy) 3. Prize - Lukáš Paděra (CZ)
1. Prize - Natalie Hurníková (CZ), Ekin Dila Demirtas (Turkey) 2. Prize - neudělena 3. Prize - Karolína Juráčková (CZ), Borek Kubát (CZ)
1. Prize - Kajetan Palecki (Poland), Barbora Ciprianová (CZ) 2. Prize - neudělena 3. Prize - Julie Procházková (CZ)
1. Prize - Josef Matěj Švec (CZ)
2. Prize - neudělena
3. Prize - Catarina Maria Jardim Santos (Portugal), Lilla Szabó (Hungary)
1. Prize - Yeeun Kang (South Korea) + Absolute winner
1. Prize - Adam Klánský (CZ) + Malostranské koncertní večery Prize
2. Prize - Johanna Vocetková (CZ), Natálie Trávníčková (CZ), Filip Rufer (CZ), Marcel Petráš (Slovakia), Štěpánka Plocková (CZ), Filip Mikulski (Poland) 3. Prize - Anna Marie Kadečková (CZ)
1. Prize - Marcel Leczky (Austria), Karolína Žáková (CZ), Alexandra Kahrer (Austria), Yung-Han Cheng (Taiwan), Dolfin Balázs (Hungary), Stephanie Stamopoulos (Australia/Greece) 2. Prize - Julia Oberndorfer (Austria), Ema Grčman (Slovenia) 3. Prize - Martin Houdek (CZ), Jakub Wyciślik (Poland), Cecilia Garcia (Spain), Michal Koziński (Poland), Martin Schubert (CZ), Yanmeng Zhou (China), Yi Dong (China) 4. Prize - Josef Bartoň (CZ), Maria Coll Torra (Spain)
The organizer of the competition is the Gustav Mahler Institute Prague in cooperation with the G. Mahler Philharmonic Jihlava
The mission and goal of the competition is to deepen the interest and motivation of young talented violoncellists to interpret mutual understanding, interpretative confrontation, inspiration and love for music. The personality of the genius conductor and musical composer Gustav Mahler, who lived in Jihlava for the first 15 years of his life and inspired and enriched so much, reminds him of his noble ideas about the mission of music and is a permanent inspiration source and model for young musicians from all over the world.
The competition will be held on February 8, 2020, in the building of Music school, Masarykovo square 65/16, Jihlava (Základní umělecká škola).
It is a one-round competition.
The condition of the competition is a play by heart.
The competition repertoire is free, the competitor must only observe the time limit. The jury reserves the right to stop a contest if the time limit is exceeded.
Competition category and time limit
Category Year of birth Time limit
1. 2010 and later 2 - 5 min.
2. 2009 4 - 8 min.
3. 2008 4 - 8 min.
4. 2007 5 - 10 min.
5. 2006 5 - 10 min.
6. 2005 7 - 10 min.
7. 2004 7 - 10 min.
8. 2003 9 - 12 min.
9. 2000 - 2002 9 - 12 min.
10. 1994 - 1999 10 - 13 min.
The age of the competition is decisive for categorization at the date of the competition. The sorting of competitive performances in each category will be determined by the date of birth from the youngest to the oldest. The Organizer reserves the right, for organizational reasons, not to open or to accept the application for any of the categories.
Piano accompaniment will be provided by the competitor himself.
The competition is judged by an expert five-member jury:
Petr Nouzovský, Solo violoncellist, winner of many prestigious awards
Prof. Jan Hališka - violoncellist, chamber player, pedagogue of the Ostrava university
Mgr. Jiří Jakeš - Principal conductor of G. Mahler Philharmonic Orchestra Jihlava
Prof. Miroslav Petráš - violoncellist, composer, padagogue of the Prague Conservatory and the Prague Academy of Performing Arts
Mgr. Jan Pospíšil - violoncellist, pedagogue of the Church Music Conservatory Bratislava
The jury will determine the order of the competitors, provides the awards in each category and determine the absolute winner. Each competitor receives a diploma, the absolute winner will receive the Gustav Mahler Award. Mahler (orchestra or chamber concert) in the future. Another award is dedicated to the Youth Forum Award, a member of the AHUV - honored concert performances at KPH Podolí (Prague), KPH Vinohrady (Prague), honored concert performance at the South Bohemian Chamber Festival 2020, honored concert performances in the framework of Malostranský concert evenings (Malostranský koncertní večer). The jury may award other special prizes, and reserves the right not to award any of the prizes.
The results will be announced after each category will have been closed, absolute winner and holder of the Gustav Mahler Award, Awards winner of G. Mahler Philharmonic a the winners of the awards given by the jury president will be announced at the end of the whole competition.
Deadline for submission of applications and payment of the registration fee: December 15, 2019. After this deadline, the organizer will issue an official invitation to accepted competitors with additional instructions and additional information on the organization of the competition.
Registration fee: category 1. - 5. - 1000 CZK, category 6. - 8. - 2000 CZK, category 9. - 10. - 2500 CZK. The registration fee must be paid by bank transfer to account number: IBAN: CZ4820100000002601525645, BIC/SWIFT: FIOBCZPPXXX, enter the name of the competitor in the note for the recipient. If the competitor does not participate, the fee will not be refunded. If the organizer does not accept the application, the registration fee is refunded.
The organizer of the competition does not offer accommodation, meals, and transport to and from Jihlava. In case of interest, the competitor will be assisted in providing accommodation or catering services in Jihlava.